In affiliate marketing, we are often told to get into an upward trend type of niches because it’s more profitable. Well, here’s one. Have you heard of the tiny house movement? It’s a new way to live a simpler life – less stuff, smaller spaces, more time and financial freedom.
If you find this concept appealing, you’d be excited to know that there are a variety of tiny house affiliate programs out there.
Why Is This a Popular Niche
The idea of living in a tiny home isn’t just a fad. It comes with different versions (container homes, modular homes and portable structures) and offers plenty of benefits that most urban dwellers can relate to.
(1) Let’s face it, the modern lifestyle is chaotic and much of it is due to material possession. Those who realized this are seeking for a less cluttered life and downsizing through a tiny house seems like a perfect solution. The majority of the inhabitants claims that by making adjustments and the good use of space, their stress level can be significantly reduced too.
(2) Building a tiny house is generally cheaper than a typical modern home. For $50K or less, you can own a decent space, but if you opt for modern housing, you could be easily tied to a 30 year loan. Hence, tiny homes are great for those who don’t want a mortgage commitment or prefer more disposable income/freedom to pursue other interests in life.
(3) Compared to modern housing, the construction of tiny homes produce less impact on the environment as most used reclaimed woods and recycled materials. So, instead of going to the landfills, they are reused to build functional homes. Even the toilet waste can be used for gardening – how awesome is that!
(4) Since its inception, the tiny house movement has found its way to many people’s hearts. It’s not just favored by minimalist, but carpenters, designers, college students and even retirees are loving the idea.
In fact, the government sectors are already utilizing the concept as a solution to provide shelter for the homeless and for natural disaster victims. If you are searching for tiny house ideas, look no further than YouTube as there are many channels dedicated to this niche. Here’s one of my favorite.
Who Should Join
Technically, anyone can join this niche, but since it has many characteristics, it is most ideal for the following individuals;
- Home builders
- Interior designers
- People who are in the process of building their own tiny homes
- People who already have (positive) experience living in one for some time
With that in mind, let’s see what programs are available for you.
Different Types of Tiny House Affiliate Programs
(1) Home Plans
Tiny home’s building foundation is generally different from the modern housing layout. For those who wants to cut down on labor costing and build their own, they will need guidance from the experts.
These companies are people who have experience building tiny structures and they have a variety of floor plans/designs to choose from. A plan usually sells between the range of $20 to $100 dollars with a fairly high provision of sales commissions.
- Humble Homes – 25% per sale
- The Tiny Project – 20%
- Texas Tiny Homes – 35%
- The Tiny Tack House – 15%
- DIY House Building – 50%
Here are some keywords to help recommend these plans on your blog.
- Putting 2 Tiny Houses Together
- House Plans That Are Cheap to Build
- Tiny House Kitchen Floor Plans
- Where To Buy Tiny House Plans
- 4 Bedroom Tiny House
For many who are inexperienced, going tiny can be an intimidating transition. Fortunately, there are books that can offer some insights. From personal stories to building tips, reading this information can help people become more prepared on what to expect from their future tiny homes.
- Four Lights Houses – 20% per sale
- Tumbleweed Tiny House Company – 10 to 20%
- Pad Tiny Houses – 25%
- The Tiny Life – 30%
- Tiny home builders – 25%
Help your readers make better decision by addressing these concerns;
- What Is It Really Like to Live In a Tiny House
- Downsizing to a Tiny House
- How to Live in a Tiny House with a Family
- Living in a Tiny House Legally
- How Much Does a Tiny House Cost to Build
(3) Building Materials and Appliances
Making a tiny house functional is probably one of the most challenging part of the entire building process since it requires a good sense of dimension and budgeting as well. Most people will need a lot of help in this area, so writing product reviews or product comparison will come handy.
These companies and marketplaces offer some great selections, but as compared to digital products such as floor plans/ebooks, sales commissions are to be expected in the lower range.
- Home Depot – 3% to 5% (via Commission Junction)
- Lowes – From 2% (via Commission Junction)
- Amazon Marketplace – 5% to 8% (via Amazon Associates)
- Faucet – 4% to 10 % (via Rakuten Linkshare)
- The Container Store – 6% (via Rakuten Linkshare)
Feel free to use these keywords to guide your readers in making the right purchase online.
- Tiny House Space Saving Furniture
- Best Frame for Tiny Houses
- Tiny House Wood Stove for Sale
- Tiny House Insulation Options
- Organize Small Kitchen Without Cabinets
(4) Additional Topics – Events and Travel
Besides the three main affiliate programs, I think it’s also advantageous to write non-commission based type of articles as this will establish your blog as an information hub for this unique niche.
The tiny house movement is a rapidly growing trend and there are always new things to learn. For example, there are special conferences, festivals, associations and vacation homes catered just for this community. Getting people to mingle in these activities will improve their knowledge and skills about tiny living and help them make better decisions along the way.
Utilize these topics to make your blog more interesting to read.
- Tiny House for Sale Near Me
- Tiny House Events 2017
- Tiny House Exhibition Colorado Springs
- Tiny Homes Community in California
- Where to See Tiny Houses in Portland
But keep your vision big. With so many tiny house affiliate programs to choose from, you’ll never run out of topic ideas. Always do your research and never stop finding new keyword opportunities that can connect your knowledge with the audience.
I hope you have benefited from the tips presented in this article. If you like to know what tool I used for coming up with those long tail keywords, read my full Jaaxy review here OR check out my recommended training platform on how to start a successful affiliate business.
“Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.”- Eckhart Tolle
Have any thoughts or questions? Just leave them in the comment space below and I’ll get back to you.
You may also be interested in;