It All Started in August 2013….
I was at a career crossroad, tired and needed some motivation in life. The 9-to-5 grind finally made me realized what I was missing all this while – the freedom of doing what I want AND having better control over my financial situation. The conventional workplace wouldn’t allow me, nor could I see a future with it, so I knew I had to create something of my own. Someone pointed me to start an online business and one thing lead to another until I found this place called Wealthy Affiliate.
Within a day, I was sold! Never have I seen a place so robust and resourceful. Let me show you around so you’ll get a better idea.
What Is Inside Wealthy Affiliate
Wealthy Affiliate is an online community and business training platform that was established in 2005 by two entrepreneurs, Kyle and Carson. It offers comprehensive step-by-step courses, video classes, website creation tools and a special boot camp training – all of which can be easily accessed in a very interactive manner.
Members who participate in this program come from all walks of life and backgrounds. And you certainly don’t need to be an expert in online marketing to get started. This platform is created for anyone who’s motivated to achieve something online;
- College students who are looking to make some extra cash.
- Stay at home parents who want to generate additional income.
- People who want to start a new career as a niche blogger (that’s me 🙂 )
- People who want to learn more about building WordPress websites.
- Local businesses who want to get more customers to their sites.
- People who have products/services to sell online.
- Professionals who can profit from their skills through online marketing.
- Retirees who want to keep themselves busy with online projects…and the list goes on.
So, what exactly are they offering?
(1) Online Entrepreneurship Training
The core training of the program focuses on the affiliate marketing model which is one of the easiest and cheapest to start with. All you need to get started is a custom domain, a WordPress blog and you are good to go. This training module is conducted by Kyle himself and has a total of five levels which are all tasks based.
That means, you’ll be applying the techniques which will help you to learn better as you move along the courses.
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll be learning through each level.
Level 1 – Getting Started
- How to choose a niche as the direction of your business
- Learn to create and set up a WordPress website that is optimized for the search engines
- Learn to research targeted keywords for writing content
Level 2 – Building Website Traffic
- How to choose and buy a brandable domain name
- How to set up a domain specific email account
- Understand what makes people buy things online
- Leverage social traffic from a Google Plus account
Level 3 – Making Money
- Understand how affiliate networks, affiliate programs and advertising work
- Find a relevant affiliate program to join within your niche
- How to use affiliate links effectively on your content
- How to track your traffic using Google Analytics
Level 4 – Mastering Social Engagement
- Set up social profiles on networks that you are active in
- Create readers’ engagement within your website content
- Learn how to use Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google Plus properly
Level 5 – Maximizing Content Creation
- How to set up Google Search Console
- Create content that people will want to read
- Writing content with a call-to-action
- Leveraging traffic from Bing and Yahoo
Don’t worry if you don’t understand all of these and certainly don’t let them scare you away. I knew nothing too when I first started. The good thing is that you can learn at your own pace and there’s plenty of room for revisions and asking questions whenever you are stuck with a particular topic. If you like to get a quick peek, check out the first lesson of Level One here.
(2) Live Webinar
The live webinar is a video training conducted by Jay, another tutor who has years of experience in online marketing. Every week on Friday evening, you’ll be learning various tips on how to grow a sustainable online business pertaining to your field and it usually finishes off with a Q&A session at the end. In case you missed it, you can always go back to the video archive (dated all the way back to 2012!) for a replay.
By the way, watching these classes on your mobile is a great way to make use of the time while you are on the road. It certainly makes my time more productive.
(3) Web Development Tools
As an all-inclusive platform, Wealthy Affiliate also provides development tools to make the process of starting an online business easier for everyone. First, there’s SiteRubix which is essentially a domain, hosting and publishing platform that uses WordPress.
Secondly, there’s Jaaxy, a powerful keyword tool that is great for researching potential niche keywords to rank for SEO. By combining these two tools, you’ll be able to accelerate in the training courses and see more positive results for your website.
(4) Boot Camp Training
Now, if you can’t figure out what type of niche to start with, you can always join the boot camp and show people how to create an online business or grow their website traffic using the tools and training provided by Wealthy Affiliate. Your incentive can go up to as high as 48% in commission, which is considered pretty lucrative in the ‘make money online’ niche.
There is a total of 7 phases in this rigorous training and if you can achieve 300 sales in a year, you’ll get the chance to meet Kyle and Carson in person, at the Super Affiliate Conference held annually in Las Vegas – all expenses paid for 🙂
How Much Does The Program Cost
In general, Wealthy Affiliate offers two types of memberships – the free Starter and the Premium account.
The Starter is a good opportunity to test out the training and see how it can benefit your online goals. If you don’t think it’s a good fit, you can always remain in this phase for as long as you wish – no pressure and NO CREDIT CARD is required. However, if you are ready to take things seriously, then the Premium membership is the way to go.
As a Premium, there are two options going forward – pay $49/month OR $359/year (save $205). Now if you do the math, it only averages about $1/day to learn and build an online business which I think is pretty affordable for the majority of people.
What I Like about Wealthy Affiliate
There are many aspects that attract me to this robust platform, but I am going to highlight what I think is important for you to know.
(1) As a long time member, I’ve watched this place evolved from one stage to another, for the better of course. New training and extra features are always being added without additional charges – meaning, you’ll NEVER BE CONFRONTED WITH UP SELLS like what is often seen in other online training. All that is required of you is a lot of action taking.
(2) The second thing that I like is the COMMUNITY INTERACTION. Every time I ask something in the forum, members will respond within minutes. Even Kyle, the owner himself, takes the time to help us out. It’s good to know that you are always surrounded by experts in this field.
(3) The other feature that I take full advantage of is the BLOG COMMENTING SYSTEM. Many beginners might not know this, but the level of activity on a website matters when it comes to SEO. When you are just starting out, no one really knows about the existence of your site, let alone Google. However, through this system, you can initiate engagement for your content through the help of the thousands of members within the community.
And the result equals to more traffic, of course. Just to show you what I mean, back in October 2014, I was only getting a few clicks and impression on my site. Nothing exciting, right?
Well, after a lot of comment sharing, the traffic to my site began to soar. Just look at the spikes and numbers!
(4) Lastly, the LIVE TRAINING VIDEOS has got to be one of my favorites. Watching Jay demonstrates the step-by-step actually helps me to understand my own mistakes and guide the growth of my business in a better direction. If you are anything like me, online marketing can be a very challenging topic to digest, so video classes really help to overcome this learning barrier.
Success Stories From Members All Around The World
It wouldn’t be fair to just tell you my side of the story. Let’s hear from other members who are making their own success as we speak.
Arrington joined in November 2016 and got his blog indexed by Google that very same month.
Kev is an ex-police officer turned affiliate marketer. He made his first sales commission in just one week after launching his niche website.
Lynne, from South Africa, shared her affiliate success after earning her first Amazon sales.
Edy is a college student from Indonesia and 6 months into the training, he was able to achieve more than 3K visitors to his niche site.
Lori is a grandmother who isn’t afraid to learn about WordPress. Now, her web knowledge has given her some additional income to boast about.
Brook joined in 2013 and write reviews about products/services that help people make money online. This is his latest monthly income report.
Wendy had a college degree, but switched gears to affiliate marketing after she graduated. She became a super affiliate last year and got the chance to finally meet Kyle and Carson in Las Vegas!
Evan spent his free time in college building an online business. In less than a year, he finally became his own boss.
Veronica is from Sweden and she’s been with Wealthy Affiliate for 9 long years. Thanks to the training, she now owns a successful career working from home while spending time with her family.
These stories are proof that you don’t need to be someone extraordinary to start an online business. All you need is the desire to learn, to become successful and with consistent effort, you can be where they are too.
“Success is not an event. Success is very cumulative in nature. This means that everything you do now and every step you take will contribute towards your personal success in the future.” – Kyle, Co-founder of WA
Is Wealthy Affiliate Worthy of My Time?
Many people jump into online business without knowing what’s what and they give up too soon before seeing any results. I started with zero experience – didn’t know a thing about WordPress, keyword research, SEO – you know, all those geeky stuff.
But the community didn’t let me quit. So I keep learning and you know what happened after months of hard work? I made my first money online 🙂
I know, $8 is nothing to shout about. But you see, I was convinced then that if I can make $8 today, I can surely make $80 the next week and $800 the month after, if I follow the system that is already in place. With the kind of resources and support that I am getting, the possibility is endless. And it’s gratifying to know that I am this much closer everyday to achieving my time freedom. So for me, the investment I make at Wealthy Affiliate is definitely worthwhile in the long run.
And you know what? This could potentially work for you too.
Want to Learn The Right Way to Make Money Online?
Then I highly recommend you to check out what’s inside Wealthy Affiliate. By signing up through the link below, you’ll get a SPECIAL BONUS – Premium membership access for 7 days – absolutely FREE. Use this opportunity to learn as much as you can from the training courses, mingle with like-minded people and even get personal help from me as you begin this exciting entrepreneurial journey.
Does that sound like a deal? Awesome! Let’s make great things happen.
Questions – What are your experiences with online marketing training so far? And what are the things that you want to know more about Wealthy Affiliate? Do share your thoughts/questions in the comment area below and I’d be happy to respond.