As a payment system, PayPal is known to be secure and reliable. Likewise, it’s also a great tool to receive funds (that’s right – cash into your account) from various places. If it piques your curiosity, here are 8 ways to make money with PayPal, from doing fun stuff to running an online business. Let’s check it out.
1 – Take Surveys
For the most part, I haven’t had any luck with online surveys. They tend to pre-screen and ask similar questions, multiple times so it’s not really a fun thing to do. Still, it pays so if you are persistent and stick with it, by all means, it’s something you can start immediately.
You’ll collect points along the way for completion and even though the value is minuscule, they do add up very quickly. These are then converted into monetary values which can be redeemed from a PayPal account. Each survey platform has different conversion, for example;
- Points Prizes offers $20 PayPal cash prize for every 3000 points. This site is accessible by most countries and it lets you answer surveys, sign up for trials, play games and etc.
- Survey Junkie pays $1 for every 100 points. This site offers solely surveys and it works very well from mobile devices.
- Swagbucks lets you redeem PayPal cash when you reach 2500 points for answering surveys, shop online, watch ads and etc. 100 points is equivalent to $1 so that’s $25 dollars.
2 – Earn Cashback
If you frequently shop online and not utilizing any cashback system, you are missing out a great deal. Check with your credit card companies to see if they offer any cash back purchases. Otherwise, shop and get cashback rewards through a PayPal account.
The process is quite simple. Visit a cashback site and look for retailers to buy from. When you click on a particular offer, it will redirect you to the merchant’s online store to complete the purchase. Depending on the brand, the percentage could range anywhere between 1% to 10% (or more) of the paid amount so it’s quite a budget saving tactic.
- Ebates – A popular cashback site that partners with many familiar brands. Members must register their name and mailing address in order to qualify for the payment (balance must be greater than $5) which occur every 3 months.
- TopCashback – Another site that actually pass 100% of the money value to you. Their offers are available in many countries and not just limited to the US region. Once the cashback reaches a payable status, you can receive the payout immediately through PayPal.
3 – Deliver Specific Task
Ever heard about the gig economy? It’s a form of small job that earns side cash for delivering a certain task to the clients. In most cases, the job doesn’t require paper qualifications. You just need to be good at it or rather, talented I would say. Some tasks are location specific while others can be performed online.
- Rover – For dog lovers, you can work part or full time, pet-sitting for other people in nearby areas through a program called Rover. There are dog walking and boarding tasks to choose from and depending on the level of commitment, you can earn anywhere between 1K to 3K per month.
- Fiverr – A huge gig marketplace that lets people buy your service from $5 onwards. You can offer anything from graphic designs, language translation and even physic reading (no, seriously!). It’s amazing the variety of tasks that people are willing to pay for nowadays.
- Dietbet – Want to lose weight and get paid? This program will reward you between $10 to $999 for completing each exercising game. No kidding. Every time you lose a pound, you are this much closer to earning a slimmer body and a big check for yourself.
4 – Teach Online
Individuals from various fields are now utilizing the internet to sharpen their skills and knowledge. Due to time and cost constraints, many people are opting for single topic lessons which are easier to learn and access versus the traditional certifications. If you have ample experience in a particular field (plus, a background in teaching would be awesome), then you should really come up with a course to teach online.
- Udemy – There’s no fee to become an instructor on this marketplace. Each course can be sold for $10 to $150 and Udemy takes a percentage of the sale depending on where the transaction is coming from. Your highest share portion derives from customers using an instructor’s coupon code, which rely on your ability to drive traffic to your course(s).
- Teachable – Unlike marketplaces, this membership program lets you design and build courses to sell professionally through a site or blog. You’ll be promoting on your own, but you’d also get to fix your own selling price and keep all of the profits.
5 – List Your Property
Not everyone has a property, but for those who do and are under utilizing it, you should consider renting out for an additional income that can be used for supplementing any maintenance expenses. Interestingly, the internet has two specific places for you to do this.
- AirBnb – List a spare room or the entire house on this accommodation booking site for short or long term travelers. Renting fee is usually based on the value of the location and the payout is usually available 24 hours after the customer checked into the premise.
- Turo – Do you have a car that sits in the garage all the time? Let other people rent it through Turo and earn anywhere between $2K to $16K per month (if not more) depending on the value of the car. The payout is usually available 30 minutes after a trip ends and can be transferred directly to a US bank account or PayPal for other countries.
6 – Online Fundraising
Financial support is important for any form of charities, schools or campaigns. Fortunately, PayPal has a donation feature that can be easily integrated on sites and blogs to receive funds online legitimately. Nonprofits have to verify their status before they can withdraw any donated funds, hence having the PayPal logo will certainly make your organization look more trustworthy.
7 – Online Store
The ability to offer different checkout methods for customers can improve sales conversion for a retail business. Therefore, besides credit cards, you should also consider adding a PayPal payment to receive funds immediately after transaction. The video above shows how you can add a button to your payment system on a pre-existing business site or if you are entirely new, you can also use eCommerce providers like Shopify (for physical goods) or Easy Digital Downloads plugin (for digital goods) that integrates with PayPal out of the box.
8 – Affiliate Marketing
PayPal is one of the most common methods to receive commissions from affiliate programs, especially with private ones that offer high ticket items or digital products. The payout is usually immediate, but merchants may hold the commissions for a few days in case of refunds.
Online courses, membership subscriptions and hosting services are some of the high-ticket affiliate products that are good for promotion as long as they are relevant to your niche. For example, this business training program pays between $8 to $175 per referral if you run an online marketing blog. As for affiliate networks, Rakuten Linkshare is one that pays via PayPal while others appear to only use direct deposit or check delivery.
What’s Your Money Making Idea?
Clearly, there are many ways to make money with PayPal, so if you haven’t set up an account yet, go ahead and get one now. It’s a fast and secure monetizing tool that gives you more opportunity to partner with reputable brands and merchants in any kind of industry.
I hope this list has offered some helpful ideas. If you have any questions/comments please leave them in the space below or visit my favorite training platform for more income-generating ideas.