If you are looking to make money selling hair extension products, then you have probably heard of YouSellHair before. It’s interesting that there are now platforms available to help people start an online business in a specific niche. But how much profit can you expect out of this revenue model? Let’s find out more in this review.
What Is YouSellHair
Known as the turnkey solution, YouSellHair is an out-of-the-box eCommerce portal that allows people to sell hair extensions online without having to search for suppliers. This is because the service is created by Urbema, a wholesale company that will supply you with the beauty and hair products.
The whole business idea is to allow you to sell using your own name while they provide you with the supplies – very much like a drop shipping model. Whenever a customer place an order on your website, you will make one third of the sale while Urbema keeps the rest of the profit.
How Much Does It Cost
There are two types of plans that you can sign up for; Ruby which has all the basic store features and Diamond, that has an additional blog and marketing campaign.
They do offer a free trial for 7 days (no credit card required) for you to test drive their online store. I took this opportunity to check the back end of their system and discover a few things that I like.
- The online store is easy to launch. You just need to sign up for an account and they will provide you with a link and password to log in.
- Their themes are very fancy and appropriate for the hair type of niche. Most importantly, they are mobile responsive.
- Similar to the back end of WordPress, everything is very organized and you can find the SEO settings with ease. At the very least, they don’t use the drag-and-drop type of technology.
- In terms of resources, they do provide short articles that discuss the practice of good SEO, how to do online marketing and how to deliver products.
But all the good stuff basically ends there. While setting up the platform, I couldn’t help noticing the flaws that come with this system.
- Firstly, there are a few broken links here and there on their confirmation emails as well as on the company’s main website. It makes me wonder if they are constantly maintaining/updating their sites.
- Despite the fancy looking themes, you can see misalignment on some of the layouts. Poor coding skills, maybe?
- Inside the resources, they seem to focus on paid traffic and email marketing. Very little is mentioned on building organic traffic, which is free and has a lot of conversion potential as well.
- Although I like that they provide a blogging feature, I don’t think it’s fair that they limit this to only the Diamond members. Business of all sizes should have access to their own blogs because the success of modern online marketing highly depends on it. It’s a value-added factor that will help you rank better on the search engines and attract more reader engagement on your site. Honestly, for less than $39/month, there are better platforms out there that can give you a blog and much more.
My Final Thoughts About YouSellHair
After testing this platform for a few days, I am not convinced that this is a 100% turnkey solution. Their support system seems to be quite shady and their resource page only scrapes the surface on what you really need to know about building a sustainable online business.
Another thing is that their promotional video makes outrageous claims that you don’t have to invest in anything and that EVERYTHING will be provided for through their platform. Heck, their ‘proven and solid’ program will even market products on your behalf. So, there’s really no need to learn about building traffic at all, is there?
If this sounds too good to be true, it probably is. These are telltale signs that you are dealing with unreliable services and even if they do deliver half of what they say, investing in inventories or dropshipping isn’t a system that I would recommend for new business owners because they are too competitive, risky and can be very complicated to set up.
What’s The Better Way to Start An Online Hair Business
I am in favor of affiliate marketing for beginners because you can work with unique merchants and target a specific audience online. And since the merchant handles orders and shipping, all you need to focus on is offering useful information for the readers while promoting the brand that you are affiliated with.
However, there’s a learning curve to this business model and many people tend to give up too soon when they don’t see any profit from the process. That’s why getting the right training program such as the one offered by Wealthy Affiliate, is crucial in your early stages.
This comparison chart clearly outlines the tools and resources that will help you to create a successful online business in the hair extensions niche.
Well, I hope you’ve found some interesting facts about the YouSellHair platform and are now more aware of other opportunities out there. If you like to learn more about getting started with affiliate marketing, please leave your comment below and I’ll be more than happy to help you out.
You may also be interested to read;