Yoga classes are traditionally conducted in groups, sometimes behind the backdrop of serene settings. But what if we bring the classes to someone’s room or office through audio/visual teaching? Will this format appeal to the users? In today’s review, we’ll be exploring the opportunities of the Yoga Download affiliate program and see how you can make the most out of this niche. So take a deep inhale, sit upright while we walk through the details.
What Is YogaDownload
YogaDownload is an online membership fitness platform that specializes in teaching all things Yoga. It’s created by a group of teachers for anyone who wants to practice Yoga using online media and is said to have over 200,000 subscribers worldwide.
The on-demand classes cover a wide range of Yoga teaching that are catered for specific groups of people and different levels of intensity. In other words, it’s suitable for a broad range of audiences. While most of the classes are pre-recorded, you can also find live-streaming classes on Facebook to join at a designated time.
Besides the core videos, users can download the classes to watch offline, join specific programs to challenge their fitness level and listen to Yoga-inspired music created by indie artists. The site also comes with a gifting service and a blog that shares the latest information about various health-related topics to charge up your day.
The membership pricing and offers are as follow;
- Monthly standard ($12) – unlimited streaming, 2 Free class downloads per month, 50% off Programs and Packages
- Monthly unlimited ($18) – unlimited streaming and unlimited Free class downloads, 50% off purchase
- 3-Month unlimited ($40) – unlimited streaming and unlimited Free class downloads, 50% off purchase
- 6-Month unlimited ($70) – unlimited streaming and unlimited Free class downloads, 50% off purchase
- Yearly unlimited ($10/month or $120/year) – unlimited streaming and unlimited Free class downloads, 50% off purchase
The membership does come with a $1 2-weeks trial but this offer isn’t easily noticeable on the site. You need to Google search to find the page.
The YogaDownload Affiliate Program Offers
By affiliating with YogaDownload, you can earn a 12% sales commission every time you refer a new subscriber who buys any of the membership within 30 days. Needless to say, you’ll make the most when someone signs up for the yearly plan, which translates to about $14 per referral.
The affiliate program is available through the ShareASale network which you can easily sign up for free. But before doing that, make sure you’ve got the basics set up because these will increase your chances of getting approval for the program and also sharing your affiliate links effectively online.
(1) Make sure to get a custom domain name that reflects the niche you’re promoting. It can be a Yoga niche, a self-improvement niche or a life-style/fitness niche – any of these three is suitable to promote YogaDownload classes. A top-level domain extension (.com and .net for example) usually costs between $13 to $15 in which annual renewal is necessary to retain the ownership.
(2) After you’ve purchased the domain, connect it to a self-hosted WordPress platform to start building your blog. Although there are many fancy website builders out there such as Wix or Squarespace, I highly recommend using WordPress because it will give you the advantage of professional customization and high rankings on the internet.
This will help to attract more targeted visitors to your blog and increase your sales conversions. If you’re not familiar with using WordPress, use this builder to create one for free. You can always link it to your custom domain later.
The Advantages of Affiliating With YogaDownload
(1) An Evergreen Niche – Ever since the massive use of Google search, Yoga fitness has found its way into the online market, benefiting a wide range of age groups. That means, the audience size is massive and judging by the growing number of eCommerce brands and online services, this niche is likely to remain popular alongside other types of women’s fitness programs.
When promoting YogaDownload classes, there are many hot keywords you can target such as these. Feel free to use them for your blog content OR dig for more with my favorite keyword tool.
- yoga workout for beginners at home
- yoga warm-up poses
- yoga breathing techniques for relaxation
- hip opening yoga sequence for beginners
- when should you start prenatal yoga
- how to do yoga for weight loss
- benefits hot yoga vs regular yoga
- 5-minute yoga for kids
- yoga pilates for weight loss
- yoga routines for men
(2) Good quality training – Clarity is important when it comes to practicing Yoga and that’s what you’ll find in these online classes. All their instructors are certified and the professionally recorded videos enable students to follow the classes step-by-step.
Based on a large number of positive reviews, we can tell that many students aren’t just happy with the quality of training, but also benefited from the routine itself.
(3) Affordable Classes – For less than $20 per month, students can access over 1600+ online classes which include all Yoga styles and fitness levels. I bet you won’t be able to find any local studio who can offer that kind of special bargain.
The Downsides of YogaDownload
(1) No physical guidance – For some people, video classes will never match the superiority of one-to-one teaching. With an actual instructor, you get to ask questions and correct your postures on the spot. With virtual classes, on the other hand, you could be doing the wrong thing and not know about it. This can have a profound negative effect on your overall practice.
(2) No commission for trial – Other vendors usually offer a small reward for referring trial members but that’s not going to be the case for YogaDownload’s 2-weeks trial. Instead, you’ll only be commissioned for a full membership purchase whether it’s a monthly or annual subscription.
(3) Lack creatives – In terms of promotional media, YogaDownload’s creative seems lacking – the banners are a bit out-dated and the text links are limited. If I were you, I will use the free Canva designing tool to create more attractive images to link to my affiliate offers.
(4) Online competitors – A quick search on the internet will yield plenty of online yoga classes and the most common ones you’ll find are YouTube videos. This platform is free and there are many random channels you can learn from; some are just for fun while others are hardcore stuff.
Udemy is another place you can find Yoga lessons (seriously) created by professional instructors. The courses are usually affordable and don’t have recurring fees as membership sites do.
These places may appeal to certain groups of people who are budget conscious OR only want to learn one type of Yoga style. If you plan to target this audience, you can promote these online courses through the Udemy affiliate program instead.
Is YogaDownload Affiliate Program Worth Joining?
I’m a big advocate in promoting digital products in any type of niche. I feel that it gives people instant access and convenience to learn new things, whether it’s an online course or a membership site.
For example, during this crucial time of COVID-19 pandemic, in-door exercise programs are in high demand because the entire community is in a major lockdown. If you’re part of the YogaDownload affiliate program, your blog will likely be experiencing spikes in traffic as well as sales conversion.
While writing this review, I discovered several up and coming yoga online classes. Even though these platforms are still at their infancy compared to YogaDownload, they look promising. If I were you, I would keep an eye for any affiliate opportunities from other sources to continue sharing what’s best for the audience.
Anyways, I hope this write up has inspired you to look into promoting online yoga classes seriously. Remember to check out my recommended training platform here to learn more about building a successful online business.