Someone recently recommended a platform called the Marketers Paradise and my first impression was that it’s another ‘shiny object’, just like other fancy programs out there. But after looking through it, I discovered quite the opposite. What Is Marketers Paradise online training like? Can they teach you how to start an online business? Read this review until the end to find out.
Marketers Paradise (MP) is basically a subscription site that helps you learn about running an online business from various marketing techniques such as;
- Affiliate programs
- Content marketing
- Digital marketing
- Search engine marketing
- Email marketing
- Small business marketing
- Social media
The program is conducted by Chris Luck, a nice chap who has more than 17 years of experience in online entrepreneurship. As someone who first started his career as an affiliate marketer, he went on to build websites for large corporation and now this membership site.
He also publishes frequently on his personal blog (under his own name) which has somewhat similar topics (albeit limiting) with the ones in MP.
Now, let’s start with the things that I really like about this program.
1) The first thing that you would notice is that the site is very organized and it’s laid out in such a way without trying to confuse the readers. Chris doesn’t try to upsell anything or flash annoying offers/phrases/images like the one you’d often see in hyped digital products.
2) Chris’s tutorial is mainly through video tutorials/slide presentation which he delivers professionally with a clear voice and good quality recording. This format of teaching makes it easy to understand complicated topics that surround internet marketing.
3) The content is very diverse with new tutorials being added every week. You can tell that he has put in a lot of thoughts, using his vast experience to come up with topics that matters to the audience.
4) One of the gem is the resource list which points to a variety of good software/programs that can be used to build and grow an online business. The recommendation is purely out of the users benefits with no intention of earning affiliate commissions from any of these programs. They include;
- competitive Intelligence
- page builders
- keyword research
- conversion optimization
- lead generation
- Facebook tools
- instagram tools
- email marketing
- domain names
Despite all the positive features, there are some drawbacks that one need to be aware of.
1) The videos that you get to watch (for free) only runs for about 1 to 2 minutes and they are basically a teaser for a particular topic tutorial. There are no free trials to access the full training content.
2) The courses are broken down into small chunk of topics rather than a step-by-step manner. It’s assumed that you already have experience with website building and content writing.
So if you are a total beginner, jumping into topics like “How to Create Content Fast That’s 10X Better Than Your Competitors” or “The One Page Funnel You Need For Explosive Growth” can be overwhelming, or even confusing to digest.
3) The subscription fee is very expensive – $97 for a month and $867 for annual. Keep in mind that the fee is only catered for the training courses and nothing else.
4) On the official webpage, Chris did briefly mentioned about a community linked to the membership, but after searching everywhere, I couldn’t find such a place. I am wondering where can members ask questions if they don’t understand about online marketing.
A More Robust (and Affordable) Learning Platform
If you are looking for something that is all-inclusive and more affordable, there’s an online community called Wealthy Affiliate that you should check out. I prefer this site because it offers more than just training tutorials. Their membership also come with;
- WordPress hosting service (plus free SSL installation)
- Domain purchase
- Keyword research tool (a must for writing content that ranks)
- Website commenting system (important for initiating/growing readers engagement)
- Community support (to help with discussion and experience sharing)
Here’s a quick comparison of the WA tools/resources that you couldn’t get with other platform.
So, Is Marketers Paradise Worthy of Your Time?
Although MP is a legitimate site that provides high quality information, I personally find that the lack of community support and certain web features will impede one’s learning process especially with topics that are constantly evolving.
Online marketing is a niche that moves very fast and a dynamic platform will definitely offer more advantages than a one-way learning platform like MP.
I hope this brief review has provided insights to what Marketers Paradise is all about. If you like to have a look inside Wealthy Affiliate, feel free to read my in depth review about the platform here.
Have any thoughts or questions about this topic? Just leave them in the comment area below and I’ll get back to you.
You may also be interested in;