For those who are interested in turning Yoga into a business, here’s an online solution. Ever heard of the Manduka affiliate program? It is a cost effective way to get started without having to build an expensive studio. They offer some very exciting features and in this article, I’ll be walking you through the basic setup process as well as uncovering a few opportunities along the way.
What Is Manduka?
Inspired by the frog pose, Manduka is a premium yoga mat maker that’s created by a passionate yoga community. Since its inception in 1997, the brand has moved on to producing other products such as clothings and props that are sold online and at retail (for studio owners) through wholesaling.
How to Get Into The Program?
Before applying for the affiliate program, you’d need a website with a custom domain because most of the promotion will be done through blogging. When choosing a domain name, avoid using the phrase ‘Manduka’ because that is considered an act of copyright infringement.
Instead, go for something that’s related to a Yoga niche, like ‘Premium Yoga Props’ whereby it makes sense to recommend yoga products. At SiteRubix hosting, this domain can be purchased for $13.99/year and that is inclusive of privacy, email and more.
There are generally two choices to get into the program, the Amazon Associates or Rakuten Linkshare which is an affiliate network. Both generate their own text/banner links that can be used in a blog. So when viewers click on them and make any purchases, you’d earn commissions from the sales.
Here’s an example of how a text link is being used in a product review article.
How Much Can You Make?
Since there are two ways to get into the program, you can also expect two types of sales commissions. In the Amazon marketplace, Yoga is considered a ‘sport’ and this category pays about 4.5% in referral fee.
As for direct affiliation with the official site, the commission is higher at 15%. So for example, if you are promoting the ProLite Thunder in your Yoga blog (retail at $96), you could potentially make $14.40 per sale with Manduka online store, versus $4.30 dollars with Amazon. That’s almost $10 dollars in profit difference.
Manduka is more than just a premium brand. If you consider the following factors, it makes sense to start an affiliate business with them.
(1) Their mats are so durable that they are guaranteed to last users a lifetime. This is a huge deal because no one wants to practice on a mat that tears easily or having to change one every year. On top of that, they are made of good quality, biodegradable and toxic free substances that reduce impact on the environment and the consumers.
(2) Unlike some online retails, Manduka ships to many countries which enables more people to buy their premium mats. From a business perspective, this means that you have a wider selection of customers to target.
(3) The company’s dedication to create a good range of products is very much reflected in the customer reviews that you can read from Amazon. Many of them are positive and descriptive which can add a lot of plus points to your product review page.
(4) As mentioned earlier, the commission model is quite lucrative. This is especially true when you are promoting through Amazon because every time the customers add additional items in their shopping cart, which is fairly common, you will earn more commissions from the accumulated sales.
(5) The other interesting fact is that Manduka’s product is starting to get a lot of online presence as more people search for this brand. You can clearly see this in the image trend below.
In fact, these are some of the topics that are commonly searched on Google when it comes to Yoga.
- Is Yoga Good For You
- What Yoga Poses Open The Back of The Body
- Yoga Sets for Beginners
- Can You Lose Weight With Yoga
- Which Is The Best Manduka Yoga Mat
- How to Clean a Manduka Yoga Mat
- Does Thickness of Yoga Mat Matter
- Which Manduka Mat Should I Buy
- Yoga Breathing Exercises for Sleep
- How Can Yoga Help Sciatica
As an affiliate marketer/blogger, you can actually use these as keyphrases for your articles to attract the right audience. That way, you have higher chances of converting them into customers and making more sales.
Believe it or not, the Yoga mat market is actually quite huge and if you go to Amazon, there’s easily hundreds of brands to choose from. Some are made from premium quality, but are less expensive. Others offer more funky designs while Manduka’s selection can sometimes look monotonous and somewhat serious.
Those are probably the only cons that I can think of.
Is Manduka Worthy of Your Time?
As a brand, the company reflects quality and value, two factors that will always appeal to the consumers. As for the Manduka affiliate program, it’s fairly easy to apply and get approval as long as you have a proper blog in place. You don’t really need a studio after all to start a yoga business from home.
In summary, I think it’s a reputable merchant to work with. Since Yoga is becoming a hot niche, there are many creative ways to promote their benefits online, either through blogging or video demonstration.
If you like to learn how to create a successful affiliate business in this niche, please visit my recommended training platform for more tools and resources.
Have any thoughts or questions about this topic? Just leave a comment below and I’d be happy to respond.
You may also be interested to read;