Technology is great when it empowers people’s lives, but it’s even better when it comes with a business opportunity. One such product is a fitness tracker brand that is selling like hot cakes everywhere. Would you be interested if I say that you can make money with Fitbit online? Just follow through these steps and see what I mean.
What Is Fitbit
Fitbit is founded in 2007 by Eric and James, two tech entrepreneurs who are passionate about using technology to help people live a healthier and more active lifestyle.
The range of their fitness tracker functions includes calorie counting, sleep tracking and even GPS tracking. Due to popular demand, you can find them at various local retailers as well as eCommerce sites.
How Can You Profit from Fitbit Online
Opening a retail store is a tedious process that requires a hefty investment, so this is not the route that I would recommend for beginners like you. Instead, I would encourage you to join their affiliate programs and earn sales commissions from every customer you refer to their site.
You see, in the affiliate marketing model, you don’t need an inventory which gives you more flexibility and time to focus solely on promoting the product. The whole idea is to lead people to your Fitbit product review and get them to purchase through your affiliate links. The programs can be found in two places;
- ShareASale network where Fitbit company offers commission of 12%
- Amazon Marketplace where commission starts from 4% (keep in mind that people usually shop in bulks on Amazon, so you could be earning commissions from other products as well)
For example, if you are an affiliate through ShareASale and you are recommending the Fitbit Surge, you would make approximately $30 from one online transaction. Sell 10 and you’d be making $300 from just one product review! (Hint – There are currently 8 types of Fitbit fitness tracker, minus the accessories, services and apparel (that’s A LOT of opportunities if you asked me).
How to Get Started – The Basic Guidelines
1) Niche Research
Firstly, you need to identify who your targeted audience is. In other words, who is going to benefit from the product that you recommend.
During this process, try to think outside of the box. The health and fitness community is a huge niche that spans over different age groups, so don’t restrict your audience to just marathon runners (I bet that is on the top of your mind).
Individuals who are in weight loss programs, retirees who are seeking for a more active lifestyle, people who work indoors most of the time and patients with medical conditions; these groups are also part of the health and fitness community AND they can benefit from using Fitbit too.
2) Build a Website
Once you have identified an audience, you can now proceed to build a website. But before that, you’ll need to decide on a domain name and a publishing platform.
Since the domain is going to reflect the niche that you are targeting and also present your business brand, you should plan this carefully. Here are some domain examples to consider;
When it comes to publishing a website, I am a big fan of WordPress. They are easy to work with, there are plenty of professional themes, and they simply rank better on the search engines as compared to simple website builders.
At SiteRubix, you can register a domain at a reasonable fee and connect it to a powerful hosting service that will launch a WordPress website within minutes. To learn more about their features, please read my personal review here.
3) Write Content for Your Niche
Now that your site is all set up, the next thing you need is traffic.
In order to get good quality traffic – meaning people who are interested in buying Fitbit – you need to provide helpful content. The information has to offer value for that particular niche and to get to that, you’ll need to do some keyword research.
The terms that people type into the search engines are all potential keywords. The more elaborated the terms, the more targeted audience you’ll be able to attract to your site. Here are some keyphrases that I’ve brainstormed using Jaaxy Keyword Tool.
- Is running good for the heart
- Why is sitting all day bad for you
- Cardio exercises for seniors
- What happens to your body if you don’t get enough sleep
- How to get fit at 50
- Walking for health and weight loss
- How to track my fitness progress
- Which fitness tracker should i buy
- How to reduce work stress
- GPS tracking for seniors
Following these topics, you’ll also need to write good product reviews for the fitness trackers that you intend to recommend. All the other content should eventually point to these product reviews which will contain affiliate links that you can monetize from.
In essence, the more content you publish, the more traffic you would send to your reviews and hence, make more sales commissions.
So, Is Fitbit Worthy of Your Time?
As far as technology is concerned, the product is generally outstanding. However, that’s not the only reason why you should be promoting Fitbit. Here are other advantages to consider when you are applying for their affiliate programs.
- Fitbit is an innovative company and a leader in fitness tracker technology. I believe we can anticipate more good quality products to be launched in the future as more people embrace healthy lifestyles. This means that the product is capable of penetrating different niche markets too.
- The official website offers plenty of resources, one of which is the online forum that discuss every thing about Fitbit. As an affiliate marketer, you can use this platform to understand the products better from the consumer’s perspective.
- Whether it is the official site or on Amazon, the eCommerce and checkout interface is easy to navigate. This provides a good shopping experience for the customers as well.
- Most of the products sell for more than $100 which means, bigger commission payouts for you too. Who doesn’t like that, right? 🙂
- And if none of the above is convincing enough, I think the graph below should sum up the potential of Fitbit in the online market.
This is clearly a very popular, upward trend for this brand so the opportunity is abundant if you are interested to make money online with Fitbit.
Hey, I hope you have found some exciting ideas from this article. If you want to learn more about starting an affiliate business, do check out the tools and training at Wealthy Affiliate for more information.
Have any thoughts or questions about this topic? Just leave them in the comment space below and I’ll respond as soon as I can.
You might also be interested in;