Consumers are constantly using the internet to solve their daily problems and sometimes, they seek for specific advices too. If you are a professional who wants to earn some extra income, you could answer some of these questions online and get paid. Sounds pretty straightforward, but how much can you actually make? Let’s find out in this JustAnswer Expert review.
What Is JustAnswer
JustAnswer is a question and answer site that connects users to professionals in regards to specific topics. It has been around since 2003 and basically provides a 24 hour service in some of the following categories;
- Health Professionals
- Pet Specialists
- Home Improvement Experts
- Tech Support Specialist and so on…
Any individuals with a minimum of 4 years experience in their field can apply to become an expert on board and get paid when they accomplish a successful answering session. However the process is quite stringent and requires you to submit a resume and professional license along with your profile in order to be verified by a third party.
It takes about two weeks to process the application and if successful, you’ll be able to go live and start participating in Q&A.
How Much Can You Make
Depending on the complexity of the question and the level of your expertise, a user typically pays between $12 to $90 per question and you get to earn about 20% to 50% from that – which is about $3 to $18 – while the company keeps the remaining sum. For a minimum of $20, you would be able to cash out from a PayPal account.
The site claims that top earners could make about $1000 every month. So if you do the math, that would average to about $33 per day over the course of 30 days. That means you need to answer roughly 2 to 10 questions every day.
Sounds easy so far, right? Well, there are two ways to look at this job model and I’ll start by discussing the advantages first.
- It’s a nice side way to make some extra cash through sharing your professional knowledge online. The service could add to your credentials as well as expand your clientele.
- Besides answering questions, the site offers two more methods to generate income. One of it is by referring an expert to the platform whereby you would receive a referral bonus between $14 to $70 when he/she is accepted and provides 20 successful answers to the customers.
- The other one is by referring customers to use the service through their affiliate program that is available through the AWIN network. Their sales average about $28 in which you get to earn 20% (or $5.60) in commissions. For that to work, you’ll need to set up a website targeting people who are interested in getting answers online through experts.
Despite the perks, there’s some reality check to consider when it comes to the value of your profession.
- You probably figured out by now that in some cases, the customer’s problem can’t be easily solved through a simple Q&A. Therefore, it’s not always possible to provide satisfactory answers for everyone.
- This could consequently affect your rating and if the users are not happy about it, you wouldn’t get paid even after providing what you think is the ‘most appropriate’ solution.
- Most professionals are busy people and unless the nature of your job allows constant access to the internet, it would be difficult to keep track of incoming questions or to answer them promptly. For that, you may need to commit some time after work or squeeze time between hours to do some answering.
- And then, there’s the question about the value of your skills and the (limited) time that you have. Is your opinion/consultation worth more than $18 dollars per session? Is it worth investing your free time to earn $33/day? How much time are you willing to dedicate to this site versus working on your real job? These are just some of the situations to consider thoroughly when servicing Q&A sites.
- Lastly, if you do a quick search online, you may find a lot of complaints from customers who are either unhappy with the discussion/payment system or answers provided. This can actually affect the customer’s trust and thus hinder what you may want to achieve as an expert on the platform.
So, Is JustAnswer Worth Your Time?
If you are a professional who likes to share your knowledge and help out people regardless of the amount of pay, JustAnswer can be a good sideline to improve your interaction with potential clients and tackle new issues within your field of expertise. You just need to organize time around your work and personal space to make it happen.
However, if you are searching for a way to make money long term on the internet, Q&A sites don’t necessarily guarantee a constant supply of questions and even if they do have them, there will always be other experts competing with you to answer the questions.
If your aim is to create a sustainable income that can provide you with time freedom that most professionals are often deprived of, you are better off starting an online business with your existing knowledge.
Here are two ways to go about it;
1 – If you are a business owner, create a website by optimizing for local presence to attract new customers from your area. That way, you can truly build a customer base without undermining the value of your profession and can charge what you feel is most deserving for your skills and knowledge.
2 – If you are an employed professional, you can still create an online business through doing affiliate marketing which allows you to recommend physical or digital products in your field and earn online sales commissions from companies that you trust.
You’ll be sharing a lot of your knowledge through blogging and use online marketing skills to attract targeted customers from all over. The good thing about affiliate marketing is that it doesn’t cost a lot to start, you can do it during your free time and gradually move towards a sustainable online income.
Well, I hope this overview has given you a clear idea about becoming an expert with JustAnswer, what you can achieve and what you can’t. If you like to know more about turning your profession into a successful online career, please check out my recommended training platform here to get started for free.
Have you had any experience using or servicing Q&A sites before? Let us know in the comment section below.
You may also be interested in;