Do you want to build a website, but have no experience? Then you’ve probably heard of this platform called SimpleSite, which can create one for you within minutes. But, if you are anything like me, you are likely to try things out first before buying them. So, is SimpleSite free, and if it is, what kind of website can it offer for you? Let’s find out more about this review.
What Is SimpleSite and How Does It Work?
SimpleSite is a website builder and hosting company founded by Morten and Jacob Elk from Denmark in 2013. Their services are available in multiple languages and serve more than 18 million users online
To get started, you just need to select a theme, create a headline, and choose a (sub) domain name to launch the site. Since SimpleSite works on a What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get (WYSIWYG) kind of format, editing a site is intuitively easy. Each page is constructed with sections and each section come with editing commands for you to fill out text, add images, or insert relevant links.
Pretty straightforward, right? Now, let’s move on to answer the most important question.
Is SimpleSite Free?
Yes, SimpleSite is free, but with this account, you will only be allowed to publish;
- 15 web pages
- 300 images
- 600 video seconds (that’s approximately 10 minutes of streaming)
- Get limited design layouts
- 5 products (if you are planning to create an online store)
Of course, you can expand the features, but there would be add-on fees. To get unlimited features, you could choose either the Pro or eCommerce plan as shown below.
What Can You Do With The Free Website?
Unless you are creating a website for personal use, there’s nothing much you can do for this type of free account. From the perspective of the reader’s outreach;
- 15 webpages won’t produce enough content to get your site indexed and visible to online users. My blog has more than 100 pages and Google knows that I am adding fresh content on a regular basis.
- Although 300 images may seem a lot, it won’t be enough to create good and long term visual engagement (partly because you are limited to the number of webpages above). My blog has more than 1000 images and even they get indexed online.
- If you plan to create or embed multiple videos, 10 minutes of video streaming is actually very limited. In my blog, I am free to add as many YouTube videos as I want.
So generally, you would only get a basic website (that might not be seen by Google) with the SimpleSite free account.
What Website Should You Use Instead?
The site that you are reading right now was originally built on a free platform called SiteRubix. 2 years ago, I had no idea about website creation, so I didn’t know where to start. Fortunately, SiteRubix turns out to be really awesome, and here’s why I think you should try it out too.
- It works on WordPress, which is open-source software that allows users to publish their websites for free by utilizing resources contributed by professional software developers.
- It doesn’t limit the number of pages/posts that you can publish.
- You can upload as many images and video length as you want.
- You get access to more than 1000 free WordPress themes.
- WordPress has very powerful SEO features, so even a free website is search-engine friendly.
- Unlike other website builders, SiteRubix is linked to the training at Wealthy Affiliate University that teaches you how to build an online business through niche research, content creation and driving traffic to your site using the right way.
- When starting with SiteRubix, you can also try out the Jaaxy Keyword Tool which is very easy to use and time-saving.
The only time you need to upgrade is when you want to;
- Purchase a custom domain name for personal branding (Note that domain name is an asset that appreciates in value over time)
- Purchase the powerful and secured hosting service through SiteRubix that will also give you free access to the training within Wealthy Affiliate.
Create a Website That Thrives
Of all the website builders that I’ve reviewed, I find that SimpleSite still lacks many features that are much needed for building a proper website that can help you achieve your online goals. But at the very least, it’s not a company that would scam you with free sites.
Do you have a business/project idea that you want to expand online? Or, are you interested to make money from a website? Then SiteRubix is certainly worth the try. Find out how you can create a free WordPress website here, and if you need any help along the process, I’ll lend you a hand. I hope to connect with you soon.
Do you have any thoughts or questions regarding this topic? Just leave them in the comment below and I’ll get back to you.