Have you been trying to shed that extra pound in the past but not getting any results? Well, things are about to change with the Healthywage Weight Loss challenge programs. In today’s review, you’ll discover the power of financial incentives and how to leverage that to stay fit throughout the year.
Let’s do this!
Healthywage at a Glance
The typical weight loss programs will tell you what are the best exercises to do or what’s the right diet to eat, but how many people actually follow through? With Healthywage, co-founder David Roddenberry realized that fitness can also be motivated by money AND that notion is backed by research.
Experiments from Harvard and Mayo Clinic have shown that dieters in the incentive groups are more likely to stick with weight loss regimes AND achieving their goals than the non-incentivized group. A fact, so popular that the program has already been featured in many media such as Good Morning America, the Today Show and The Washington Post.
Here’s how it works.
If you bet on losing a specific weight and actually deliver the result within a fixed period of time, you’ll be rewarded with more money than your cash deposit. If you fail to reach the goal on time, you’ll lose all of the bet. Since losing one’s hard-earned money is a ‘painful’ experience, the whole psychology is likely to encourage more people to invest effort in losing weight.
Make Money From HealthyWage Challenges
There are several challenges in the program and they are divided into individual and team-oriented. All have a minimum of 3 months to 1-year duration for completion.
(1) HealthyWager Personal Challenge
This is the main course of the program and also the most popular one. You can download the app and enter variables like gender, height, and weight and it will calculate the earning prize based on your monthly bet and weight loss goal. Inherently, the more you bet, the more you gain.
The metrics can be changed accordingly to your preference. Your body weight is verified through weigh-ins – once at the start of the challenge and one more time at the end of it. You can make a video of yourself getting on the scale or have a qualified witness verify it for you.
(2) Personal Jackpot
The jackpot is a set of multiple challenges that pools money from every participating member. At the end of the challenge, the money will be split amongst the winners who can achieve 6% weight loss or more. As can be seen with the examples below, every challenge is different – the entry fee, the duration, right up to the pot amount.
Not everyone can stay motivated exercising alone and that’s why Healthywage came up with the team concept.
(1) Team Challenge
In this challenge, you’ll form a team of 5 people and lose weight collectively over the course of 3 months. The group that lose the most percentage will walk away with the grand prize of $10,000. Second place gets $5,000 and third place gets $3,000. If you are able to maintain the same body weight after 6 months post-winning, you will earn back the entry fee too.
(2) Step Challenge
If you prefer burning calories using steps instead of vigorous exercises, then this 2-months challenge is for you. A tracking device is necessary to help calculate your personal goal so make sure you have that. Forming team here is just for fun (in case you don’t want to walk alone) yet unlike the others, this one will deduct 25% administration fee from your bet.
Make Money From HealthyWage Affiliate Program
As far as the incentive is concerned, the money doesn’t just stop on the weighing scale. There’s one more thing you can do to maintain fitness and that’s by referring others to enroll in these weight loss challenges.
The Healthywage affiliate program is available through ShareASale and it lets you promote two of their top services which are the Healthywager and the Team Challenge. Whenever a new member signs up with your affiliate link within a period of 30 days, you will earn $50 and $30 in commission respectively.
Affiliate marketing is a good way to make money online if you are serious about fitness and care to educate the audience on how to do the same thing. The number of people with weight issues increases every year and many are turning to the internet to find a solution.
By creating a fitness blog discussing the issue and sharing about programs that work (like Healthywage) and those that don’t, you are providing invaluable first-hand information that can help readers to decide what’s best for them in their weight loss dilemma.
It also allows you to monetize from other fitness products and services that are popular such as FitBit and Weightwatchers or others that you feel strongly about. Use the builder below to create a WordPress blog if you haven’t got one before proceeding to apply for the program.
So what are the perks of joining this program? Well, plenty.
- To begin with, Healthywage is legit and it works. The success rate is about 25% to 40% and there are many testimonials to prove that.
In case you are wondering, the cash prizes come from participants, sponsors, and other fees. You bet with the notion that money will be lost if you don’t achieve the goals so it’s not like they go around scamming the participants either.
- You are in full control in a way that you can decide on the targeted bodyweight, the duration needed to achieve it and most importantly, how much money you are willing to commit every month. You can even do adjustment after putting in the bet so the program is quite flexible.
- In a way, the betting concept is better than expensive gym subscriptions or exercise equipment. By putting money on the line and rubbing some peer pressure, it holds you accountable for your own goals, something that is severely lacking when it comes to weight loss.
- You are free to choose whatever exercise or diet plans to aid with the weight loss program as long as they are healthy regimes. So it’s okay to be vegan, do cardio or go swimming if that’s what you want.
- Healthywage has strict rules about gaming the system so it deters people who just want to make money and not serious about losing weight, from joining the program.
- The program is available to many locations in the world such as the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Latin America (including Mexico), Australia, and most parts of Europe and Asia. If you can install the mobile app from where you are, there’s a good chance you could join.
- Heck, you actually get to make money! The prizes from the challenges can be a good boost to your pocket and if you are willing to take it all the way through with the affiliate program, you could potentially earn a passive income from blogging. Who doesn’t like that idea?
There are just some drawbacks to take note of when you are in the program.
- If you are a total newbie, you are pretty much left on your own to figure out what exercise or diet plans to follow in order to lose a healthy amount of body weight. This can be frustrating because, without proper guidance, you might not achieve your goals and thus, risk losing the bet.
- Likewise, on the opposite side of the spectrum, you could end up losing weight in an unhealthy manner. Without someone to monitor your progress, it’s easy to push beyond the limit and risk doing something damaging to your body. No amount of money you earn could compensate for that.
- While you are free to choose the amount to bet for Healthywager (individual challenge), you must also be comfortable with the commitment and okay with the idea of losing the cash. The program makes it quite clear that they don’t do refunds or reimbursement.
- After achieving the goal, maintaining healthy body weight is equally as important. Unfortunately, Healthywage doesn’t have any long term plan for this and if you are basically driven by money incentive, it’s easy to fall back to where you first got started.
Is Healthywage Worth Your Time?
Anything that encourages us to exercise and eat healthily is always worth considering. So if you haven’t had any luck shedding those extra pounds, perhaps it’s time to try the concept of financial incentives. The outcome may be more rewarding than you thought.
Meanwhile, I think the commission payout is relatively higher compared to most fitness programs so if you are keen to make money on the side, getting into the fitness niche and leveraging from the affiliate program is something worth venturing into.
To learn more about starting an online business with affiliate marketing, please check out my recommended training platform here.
I hope this review has been useful to you. Let us know what you think about the Healthywage Weight Loss Challenge or if you have experience with similar programs in the past.