Every once in awhile, bloggers like to offer something interesting for their audience and I found that subscription boxes serve this purpose well. They come in varieties and tend to retain customers longer, which is always good for business. In today’s review, we’re going to explore the opportunities surrounding the FanFitFun affiliate program. Is this box worth promoting on your blog? Let’s find out.
What Is FabFitFun
Launched in 2010, FabFitFun is a US-based subscription service that curates boxes for the women consumers who are interested in health, beauty, and lifestyle. Each box contains anywhere between 8 to 10 products from well-known brands like Grace and Stella, Anthropologie, Kate Spade and many more. There’s one personalized box for every season and no two boxes are ever the same.
Besides delivering these cute boxes to your doorstep, the company also produces its own streaming channel called FabFitFunTV that offers exclusive videos on the food, lifestyle and fitness topics. This service is included in the subscription without additional costs alongside other perks like members-only sales, community support, and customer service.
Customers can subscribe monthly at $49.99 or annually at $179.99 (about $45 per month) to enjoy these offers. FabFitFun targets primarily young adults (18 years old and above), career women and young mothers who like to shop online and use digital media for self-improvement.
FabFitFun Affiliate Program Offers
FabfitFun has been running their affiliate program on the AWIN network since February 2016. This allows bloggers and influencers to refer new subscribers to the service and earn $9 for every new customer who purchases within 30 days. AWIN charged a $5 verification fee when you create an account but this amount is refundable during your first payout.
If you’re someone who’s interested in topics surrounding beauty, fitness, and lifestyle, this program is worth considering. If you’re new to affiliate marketing however, there are some basic stuff you need to set up before applying.
(1) Get a custom domain name – Think of a website name that best represents your niche. You can use a unique name or keywords as long as it hasn’t been taken by others. A custom domain will cost anywhere between $15 to $20 per year and you must renew every year to retain the ownership.
(2) Get a WordPress blog – Of the many website builders out there, I highly recommend using WordPress (NOT the free WordPress.com) because it allows plenty of room for customization using different plugins and themes. When optimized correctly, WordPress can rank very well on the internet, bringing in streams of visitors to your blog.
Use this builder to get a free WordPress blog, if you haven’t done so already.
(3) Publish content – One of the most important optimization methods is creating content for your blog. Relevant articles and videos are good formats that will make your blog purposeful for the readers and also increase your chances of being accepted into the program. I’ll show you what topics to write about in the next section.
A Box filled with Opportunities
Now, let’s take a deeper look at what Fabfitfun boxes can offer from the perspective of affiliate marketing.
(1) An Evergreen Box – By this, I’m referring to the three popular niches that Fabfitfun is part of – beauty, health, and lifestyle. These topics are constantly evolving and are popular with online searches. Let me show you what I mean.
Let’s say someone is curious to learn about ‘dark red lipstick‘. Do you know what’s the average searches for this keyphrase? Based on my favorite keyword tool, it’s a whopping 267 searches per month. This can be translated into the number of blog visitors and subsequently, potential shoppers.
And that’s just for one small topic in the beauty niche. Imagine how many more topics you can write about with all three niches combined. But as a smart affiliate marketer, the number of visitors shouldn’t be your main focus.
Instead, you should be looking at competitions (other sites who are aiming for the same keyphrase) in which, the lower the number, the easier it is to rank for a particular keyword on Google. The more visible you’re on the first page, the more clicks and conversion you’ll likely get.
Here are some high-searches low-competition keywords to funnel readers to your Fabfitfun offers. Feel free to use them to create your first content.
what comes in a Fabfitfun box
Fabfitfun spoilers for spring 2020
Grace Stella rose facial spray review
Kate Spade new york earrings review
ISH Probiotic flawless bundle review
Murad rapid collagen infusion review
MAC lipsticks for dark skin
Rodial tummy tuck review
Kim Kardashian perfume for sale
Rachel Pally reversible clutch review
According to Google Trend, the peak of online searches at the beginning of every season strongly suggests that many people are interested in these boxes. Again, these are potential traffic to monetize from.
(2) Strong eCommerce Brands – While FabFitFun isn’t exactly an online store, most brands that participate in their boxes have a strong eCommerce presence. That means, when a customer likes a product, they can make more purchases through the brand’s online store.
This offers two advantages for the affiliates; you get to write more product reviews (this creates more content) from just one subscription box AND also earn additional sales commission by joining individual affiliate programs – which I find, usually pay more than the Amazon Associate program.
(3) Value for Money – If you look at what you’re getting in the subscription (products, TV streaming, and member’s discount), there’s a lot of value for the money, especially if you choose the annual plan. At about $45 per month, you get about 8 to 10 premium products (in full size) which is worth $200+ at retail! See what’s inside in this unboxing video.
There’s no doubt that this level of bargain makes Fabfitfun boxes an ideal gift for daughters, sisters, and mothers OR simply a fun excuse for any women to pamper themselves every 3 months. Who wouldn’t enjoy that? 🙂
The Limitations of the Program
As much as we love Fabfitfun, it’s not entirely a perfect subscription and here are some of the reasons why.
(1) Firstly, the box only delivers for free in the contiguous US. In other regions like Canada or the UK, shipping will cost $8 and $10 respectively. When there’s no free shipping, consumers are less likely to buy. So if you’ve visitors coming from these countries, the conversion may be low to non-existence.
(2) Meanwhile, not every woman will fancy what’s in the box. For example, some people are only interested in beauty products and not fitness stuff. On the other spectrum, those who are loyal to a particular brand may not be keen to experiment with a different one.
(3) The last I checked on AWIN, the conversion rate (the total number of sales divided by the total number of clicks) has been on a decline since October 2019. That means, you could be sending a lot of visitors to the site but not many will convert into customers.
There could be a few reasons for this. The first is competition as there are other beauty/health/lifestyle subscription boxes in the market that probably have more exciting offers. The other reason could be due to the downward economy where people don’t have that much disposable income to spend on these products.
So, Is FabFitFun Affiliate Program Worth Joining?
For the most part, it is a nicely curated box with a lot of seasonally relevant and full-sized items that are going to please the female customers. If you’re someone who likes to discover new products and aspires to share niche tips with your readers, the Fabfitfun affiliate program is certainly worth trying out.
Granted, you must be willing to research and write in-depth reviews about the box and other relevant products. That means it’s important to become a user yourself first and compare it to other boxes within the niche. Your honest verdict will eventually influence the readers on whether they should subscribe to Fabfitfun or other brands.
Weigh the pros and cons to see how things can work in your favor. If it doesn’t, do not despair as there are plenty more subscription boxes affiliate programs to explore. Keep searching for one that suits your style and needs and grow your audience from there. I hope this quick review has been an eyeopener in helping you gain a better understanding of how to go about promoting Fabfitfun.
To learn more about building a successful affiliate business, don’t forget to check out my recommended training platform here. It’s free to join!