Every one of us has at least one or two electronic items that are no longer in use, collecting dust somewhere at home. If you are thinking about disposing of these items, don’t, because they may have potential reselling values you aren’t aware of. So, how does it work?
Read this Decluttr review to learn more and if you are interested in making real money online, make sure to stick around until the very end.
What Is Decluttr
Spelled the way it is, Decluttr is an online marketplace that buys and sells used electronics and media. The items they accept are phones and tech, CDs, DVDs, games and books and Lego toys – yes, the original ones.
Items are valued according to their model, state of condition and in the case of Lego, the weight of the overall item. If you are selling used books or DVDs, you can install the app to conveniently scan the item’s barcode.
Decluttr claims to pay the most for tech products such as;
- Apple Products
- Game Console
These products usually fetch higher reselling values compared to other product categories found in the marketplace and the offer price is only valid for 28 days. Meanwhile, media related items are sold according to their popularity and demand. As for Lego, the bulkier the item (more weight), the more money you’ll be paid.
Depending on the current market value and the condition of the item, you could potentially make anywhere between a 10% to 60% return from the trading. If an item’s price is lower than what was offered during the physical evaluation, you can choose to accept anyway or request for a return.
Earnings are paid via check, direct deposit into a PayPal account or into a bank account.
How To Start Selling
The obvious thing to do is to look around for items that fit the product criteria. Make sure you know the item’s model and barcode (if needed) and run a check with the product database. If there’s a match, you can proceed to add as many items as you like into the selling basket as long as there’s a minimum $5 worth of merchandise and a maximum of 500 items.
Once you are happy with the offers, pack the items into a sturdy box while waiting for the shipping label to be delivered to you. It usually takes about 7-10 business days for the package to arrive at the warehouse where the team will finalize the values of the items.
If you accept the final offer, you will be paid the following day via PayPal. Direct deposit will take 3 business days while checks can take up to 10 days.
Here are some perks you can expect when selling used items on Decluttr.
- Firstly, the site offers free shipping. Just make sure to use the label provided when shipping out. Even when you’re requesting a return, the shipping is also free. So basically, there’s very minimal risk to you as a reseller.
- The whole selling process is fairly easy to execute due to the user-friendly interface and vast FAQs resources. And unlike selling used-clothings on ThredUp, you get paid immediately even without a buyer as long as the items fulfill the product selection criteria.
- The fact that faulty items are accepted is a good thing, especially for tech collectors. At least there’s still an opportunity to make some cash from stuff that would otherwise, be thrown away.
- Making money from Decluttr isn’t just limited to trading in second-hands. The company actually has an affiliate program with the Awin network that lets you earn while referring buyers and sellers to the platform. Obviously, it only makes sense to refer when you have had a good experience with Decluttr.
As an affiliate marketer, you will be using unique links on blogs and/or videos to direct visitors to the site. Upon successful transactions, you will make anywhere between 2% to 7% in sales commissions. Having a blog also lets you share other side-hustle income ideas that are interesting to the readers.
No experience blogging? No worries. Simply use the tool below to create a blog for free and take advantage of this limited-free training to learn more about affiliate marketing.
Despite the opportunity, Decluttr is far from being a perfect platform. In reality, selling used items isn’t exactly a fancy affair so it’s important to limit your expectations under these circumstances.
- Unfortunately, the platform only works for people in the US and the UK. If you are not from this region, try checking some local consignment stores to help with reselling or use public domains such as Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace to see if you can find a direct buyer.
- In any case, you aren’t going to make a lot of money because all these items depreciate in values over time. You will need plenty of second stuff, acquired for free, in order to scale for profitability.
- Interestingly, not all tech brands are accepted. For example, they don’t take FitBit, Dell or Hewlett Packard. So if you are carrying brands that aren’t in the database, you’d probably never make a dime from this marketplace.
- The value of used electronics can be quite subjective depending on who you talk to. Due to this, some people may think that the platform is a scam because it offers prices that are much lower than their expectations. Keep in mind, however, there’s always the option to request for return if you aren’t happy with the offer.
Should You Use Decluttr?
If you have the items that they want, why not? Any opportunity of turning old electronics into cash shouldn’t be resented in my opinion. As long as you aren’t expecting to make a massive amount of money, it’s a great way to recycle products, declutter your lifestyle and keeps the second-hand economy growing.
Meanwhile, if you are interested to create a sustainable income through the online space, yet don’t have any experience, I highly recommend starting with affiliate marketing. In this model, there’s no need to own any products so you can put your old stuff aside.
Instead, you are going to leverage from retail brands where market demands are constantly high. Earn from eCommerce activities across a variety of niches such as electronics, Lego toys or even Kindle. In fact, any type of product can have affiliate opportunities.
Interested to know more about how this business works? Join my recommended training platform and I’ll walk you through the step-by-step personally. Hope to see you inside.