This segment of beauty niche doesn’t need a lot of introduction. Cosmetic is a desirable product by women all over and it has a booming online trend. With more brands entering eCommerce, there are more opportunities for enthusiasts like you to monetize from blogging. Below is a compilation of 8 makeup affiliate programs that will suit any occasions and skin type. I even included some keyword ideas to help you get started. Enjoy!
#1 BH Cosmetics
Based in Los Angeles, BH Cosmetics is an online retailer that also sells at the Ulta Beauty stores found across the US. Their products are known to be cruelty-free, dermatology tested and affordable. Ladies who are seeking for fun and wild makeup experience will like the choices here because the colors are young, vibrant and trendy.
Their affiliate program is available through the Rakuten Linkshare network and the offers are;
- 8% commission (plus bonuses)
- 60 days cookie
- Deep linking for specific products
- Best cruelty free makeup remover
- Fun eye makeup looks
- BH Cosmetics eye shadow palettes
- Halloween eye makeup ideas
- Bright lipstick makeup look
#2 Juice Beauty
In 2004, Karen Behnke a serial wellness entrepreneur ditch the synthetic dyes and team up with a group of scientists to search for natural plant pigments in effort to create makeup made from organic ingredients.
Combined with vitamin-rich botanical juice base as an antioxidant, Juice Beauty offers clinically validated skin care products as well as a small range of cosmetics that contain natural ingredients. Their neutral color palette are most suited for mature users.
As incentives, students are eligible for 15% discount while aestheticians and makeup artists get 25% discount on all product purchases upon approval.
Their affiliate program is also available through the Rakuten Linkshare and the offers are;
- 6% base commission
- 30 days cookie
- Deep linking for specific products
- Best lipstick for dry lips
- Makeup discount for students
- Juice beauty lipstick review
- Natural eye shadow for blue eyes
- Simple natural makeup tutorial
#3 Beauty Tap
For those who are fond of Korean makeup, this may be the brand for you. Beauty Tap is an online retailer that sells an extensive range of beauty products that are trending in Korea from popular brands like Laneige to names that you’ve probably never heard of like Missha.
Established in 2017 by tech entrepreneur James Sun, the online store constantly add new products and offer many free samples for customers. The affiliate program is via email sign up and here are the attractive offers;
- 7.5% starting commission rate, rate increases with sales performance.
- $50 bonus on the first $50 in commissions earned
- 7 day cookies
- Monthly incentives – Specially curated box of products for affiliates to review when they earn at least $50 in commission in a single month.
- Custom coupon codes and affiliate-specific promotions.
- How to apply lipstick Korean style
- Asian makeup before and after
- K-beauty makeup tips
- blush color for Asian skin tone
- must have Korean beauty products
#4 Black Opal
Carol Jackson-Mouyiaris is the owner behind Black Opal Beauty, a cosmetic and skin care brand designed specifically for colored skin in mind. Founded in 1994, the company has evolved tremendously over the years and was once the official sponsor for Miss Black USA Pageant.
Their products help with hyper-pigmentation, oil control and match a variety of colored shades. The affiliate program can be found inside Rakuten Linkshare and the offers are;
- 6% commissions
- 30 day cookie
- Deep linking for specific products
- Makeup tips for black women
- Best blush for brown skin add
- Lipstick colors for dark skin tone
- How to apply eye shadow for dark skin tones
- black opal perfecting powder makeup review
#5 E.L.F Cosmetics
Looking for more healthy range of makeup? Look no further than ELF which is 100% certified vegan and cruelty-free. Their affordable products are also free from toxic ingredients like phthalates, parabens, triclosan and hydroquinone – just to name a few.
The color palette are more suited for general use and nothing too extravagant. And just like Juice Beauty, they also offer a 15% discount for students who purchase online. The affiliate program is available through Rakuten Linkshare and here are the offers;
- 5% base commission
- 15 days cookie
- Deep linking for specific products
- Elf student discounts
- What makeup to buy as a beginner
- Affordable vegan lipstick brands
- Matte lipstick that stays on all day
- What store has elf on the shelf
#6 Amazon Associate Program (Luxury Beauty Items)
You are already aware with the sheer number of products on the Amazon marketplace to promote. However, do you know that Luxury Beauty pays the highest commission at 10% instead of the regular 4%? This category encompasses a broad range of products AND high-end cosmetics are just one of them.
That means, you will be affiliating with brands like Elizabeth Arden, Julep and many more. It can be easily confused with other brands inside the Beauty and Personal Care category so the best way to search is to key in ‘Amazon Luxury Beauty’ onto the browser. Makeup that are luxurious will have the Luxury Beauty label next to their product listing so you won’t be able to miss it.
Promoting such range will distinguish you from other bloggers who do drug-store brands and brings you closer to audience who are willing to pay more for high-end brands. However, becoming an associate does have its own set of challenges (like the 24 hour cookie window) due to the company’s strict terms and conditions.
Hence, I highly recommend that you read these Amazon affiliate strategies before getting started.
- Shiseido full lash mascara review
- Elizabeth Arden Lipstick review
- Stila glitter eye shadow review
- Julep cushion complexion 5-in-1 skin perfector with turmeric review
- Dermablend loose setting powder how to use
If you’ve not already seen this brand in store or elsewhere, that’s because it’s sold to consumers via direct selling. Younique is an MLM-based company that focuses on premium cosmetic range but you can also buy online through the official store (sometimes, you can find them sneaking up the Amazon alley as well).
They don’t carry a lot of user-friendly labels like previous brands I mentioned and are more mineral-based type of makeup. Their price points are generally higher than the average and the business opportunity allows you to earn in two ways – commissions through retail sales and compensation/incentive plans from team building.
The commission starts at 20% – the highest I’ve seen so far while researching about the makeup niche – and goes all the way up to 30% as you progress through different levels. Obviously, in order to earn more bonuses, recruiting new members into your team is crucial. Hence your targeted audience here are women who loves makeup AND want to start their own independent business.
If you have good experiences using their products and don’t mind earning from retail commissions alone, the business program is worth considering. After all, they do let you promote online especially through social media. While there are no cookie window like the typical affiliate programs, the main challenges you can expect to encounter is building down lines and meeting the minimum monthly sales in order to keep your account active.
- How to start a makeup business at home
- Younique mascara 4D review
- Make money selling Younique
- Is Younique epic mascara hypoallergenic
- Is Younique makeup all natural
#8 Glossy Box
Instead of just focusing on a specific brand, Glossy Box is a collection of brands, curated by experts and bundled in the form of subscription boxes. This is a fun concept for those who like to explore new stuff in the makeup world or present gifts to friends and families.
Reviewing subscription boxes is a growing trend among affiliates and it’s certainly something to consider in this niche as there are many options to choose from. The AWIN network is the provider for the Glossy Box affiliate program and I particularly like their elaborated advertisers data and performance report. It’s something you can benefit from too.
Here are the commission offers;
- Standard commission of 5% for all beauty box subscriptions
- 3 Month Subscription: $5
- 6 Month Subscription: $10
- 12 Month Subscription: $20
- Top 10 makeup subscription boxes
- Is Glossybox or Birchbox better
- Glossybox subscription discount code
- Unboxing Glossybox July 2019
- what’s inside Glossybox
Some Handy Tips for Searching Your Own Makeup Affiliate Programs
Honestly, there are so many brands out there that it is almost impossible to compile into a list. If none of the brands above appeal to you, feel free to search for others. Just a few tips to share here while perusing through your choices.
- Look for brands that consumers will want to use for the long term. Practicality, prices and product qualities are some key aspects to dive into.
- Look for customer-friendly eCommerce experience. If you can navigate easily and get what you are searching for, others will be able to do the same.
- Be affiliated with brands that have a strong social presence. Then, you can leverage from their social proof and marketing videos to enhance your product recommendation.
- If the brands constantly run weekly and monthly promotions, so much better. Discount offers and coupons are some of the main reasons that attract new customers and retains pre-existing ones.
- Inside the online stores, look for customer reviews in the product listings. The better the reviews, the higher the chances to make sales commissions.
- Last but not least, make sure you’ve got an optimized and well-designed website/blog in place. It’s required by most advertisers relating to physical products and they will want to verify that before approving you for their affiliate programs. If you are already using WordPress, that should be all well-taken care of. If you are not, here’s a tool that can build you one for free under a few minutes.
What Style Of Business Idea Do You Have In Mind?
With the amount of choices available today, there are many creative ways to take your makeup interest to the next level. The cosmetic sector is expected to grow by the billions in revenue in the next few years to come. Hence the outlook is promising, so is the competition.
That’s why it’s important to be very specific with your niche. Using targeted keywords along with your choice of makeup affiliate programs can highlight your product reviews on the search engines and help you stay relevant to current consumer trends.
I hope you’ve found insights through this topic and if you like to learn more about creating a profitable online business, feel free to check out my recommended training platform here. I would love to hear any comments or questions if you have any.