Today, I would like to talk about a topic that will interest most people, especially if you are a guy who has just finished college, a father who doesn’t want to spend all his time at work or a retiree who’s looking for something fun to do. Here are 6 different types of men’s hobbies that can make money through affiliate marketing. All you need is just a blog and you are ready to roll.
1/ Smart Home Technology
Some 20 years ago, conditioning our homes to the way we want was an inconceivable vision. Now, advanced gadgets have made their way into our lives and you can control the temperature, lighting and even ‘talk’ to your house if you wish.
Welcome to the world of smart home technology, an upcoming niche which I think is profitable for those seeking a comfortable and secured lifestyle in their private space. According to the news, the majority of people are still clueless about how to integrate this system, but there’s a huge interest of wanting to learn about it online.
Therefore, if you are someone with the skills and expertise, perhaps you can create a blog addressing to these topics;
- Energy Efficient Light Bulbs Vs Regular Light Bulbs
- Honeywell Home Security Systems Do It Yourself
- Automatic Vacuum Cleaner for Hardwood Floors
- Amazon Echo Vs Google Home
- App That Controls Lights in Your House
To help speed things up, I’ve short listed some affiliate programs that you can monetize from.
- Ozlighting – 10% per sale (Australia)
- Chilled Grow Lights – 5%
- Lumens – from 8% (via ShareASale or Commission Junction, CJ)
- Security cameras direct – 15% (via CJ)
- Lorex Technology – 5-10% (via CJ)
- Amazon Echo Devices – 7% (at the Amazon Marketplace)
- Smart Home – 4%
- iRobot – 4% (via CJ)
2/ Shaving Products
There’s a perception that self-grooming has always been a female thing, but that’s no longer the case. The men’s grooming industry is also picking up, especially in the shaving department. With new brands being released every season, it’s quite interesting to see so many products that help men look and smell better.
One product in particular, reflects just that.
While most men (or women) might not ask for help face-to-face, they are certainly heading to Google with these keywords in mind.
- Best Shaving Cream for Men
- Mens Shaving Cream for Sensitive Skin
- Best Razor for Beard Shaping
- How Do You Trim Your Beard with a Razor
- Beard Styles for Men with Short Hair
If you are keen to start a blog in this niche, here are some affiliate programs to be part of.
- Grooming Lounge – 2%
- Boomer and Co – 5%
- Gentsac – 15%
- Owen & Fred – 10%
- Morninglory – 25 to 30%
- Amazing Shaving – 10%
- Moltonbrown – 6%
- Dorco – 8% (via Rakuten Linkshare)
3/ Outdoor Activities
The great outdoors has always been a huge playground for men – skiing, mountain biking, camping – each has its own range of products and hobbyists. Quality and durability are the key points here so putting a good product review out there to show what’s value for the money will guide people in buying the right product for their activities.
In the Amazon marketplace, the commission rate for outdoor gears is 5.5 % and there are thousands of items listed in this category alone. Needless to say, that’s a lot of reviews that you can write about in preparation for the summer traffic if you own a camping blog.
Tap into these keywords for some interesting articles.
- What to Pack for Backpack Camping
- How to Camp in the Rain
- Tips for Tent Camping with Dogs
- What Camping Stove Should I Buy
- Food for Camping That Doesn’t Need Refrigeration
And remember to link to some of these awesome affiliate programs.
- REI (Recreational Equipment Inc) – 5%
- Hyperlite Mountain Gear – 8%
- BackCountry – 4 to 12%
- Marmot – 8%
- Kelty – up to 8%
- Wild Earth – 8%
- Moosejaw – 3%-10%
- Patagonia – 7%
Beer has been known to be man’s best friend for centuries and with the internet, this beverage has created new business opportunities in the form of subscription boxes, home brewing kit and online magazines. Some companies will even pay you to travel around the world, just to taste different beers and write reviews.
Well, even if you can’t get a job like that, don’t despair. You can still create a beer blog and leverage from these keywords that thousands of people are searching for everyday.
- What Is the Best Home Brew Beer Kit
- Best Craft Beer Subscription Boxes
- How to Store a Keg of Beer
- How to Make Your Own Beer
- What Beer Tastes like Coffee
Apply through these affiliate programs and show your audience what makes a good beer.
- Craft Beer Club – 10%
- Beer Connoisseur – 5%
- Minibrew – 5%
- BrewDemon – 8% to 12%
- BeerLoved – 5%
- Williams Brewing – 6%
- Beer and Brewing – 10 to 20%
- Adventures in Homebrewing – 7.5%
Now, I have to be honest and say that I don’t know much about this topic. I know it’s a favorite sport among men, but what’s the popularity like online. Looks like there’s an ongoing trend with traffic spikes during the summer months.
From a business perspective, there are two ways to go about promoting this hobby;
1) Teach people how to play golf and/or;
2) Recommend good quality gears to help them in the process
So if you have years of golfing experience, this could very well be your niche. Explore the following keywords and share your passion for this sport through a blog.
- How Much Are Golf Lessons for Beginners
- How to Perfect Golf Swing
- What Golf Ball Should I Use
- What Golf Clubs Are Right for Me
- Which Are the Most Comfortable Golf Shoes
Apart from earning through the Amazon marketplace (which pays about 4.5 – 5.5% in commission), here are other golf related affiliate programs that you can profit from.
- Rock Bottom Golf – 2%
- Golf Now – $3/round
- SuperSpeed Golf – 10%
- TaylorMade Golf PreOwned Golf Clubs – 5%
- Austad’s Golf – 7.5%
- Myscorecard – 16%
- Pine Meadow Golf – 10%
- Everything Carts – 10%
6/ Fitness (Weight Loss)
This hobby is an all time favorite regardless of men or women and some experts even consider it an evergreen niche aka profitable business trend. Fitness of course is a very broad topic, but when it comes to men, weight loss seems to be one of the more popular subjects being discussed online.
Within this topic alone, there are consumable products, food regime, fitness gadgets and exercise routines, all aiming to help people achieve better body scores and healthier lifestyles. I’ve done some keyword research on the health niche before and found the opportunities to be massive.
- How to Lose Weight in 2 Weeks
- What Is the Best Diet to Lose Weight
- Which Is the Best Exercise to Lose Weight
- Should I Do Cardio to Lose Weight
- Why Drinking Water Helps Lose Weight
Needless to say, there are also various ways to monetize through some very exciting affiliate programs.
- Workout Anywhere – 30 to 50%
- Tiger Fitness – 10%
- The Protein Works – up to 12%
- My Vega – 8 to 15%
- Yes Wellness – 8%
- Body Building – 15%
- Trxtraining – 8%
- Under Armour – 6%
Which One Interest You The Most?
So there you go, 6 men’s hobbies that make money through various targeted keywords and product trends. There’s certainly more out there that I couldn’t fit into one article, but you are more than welcome to chime in the comment below.
Hopefully, this information will inspire you to start a blog and help to generate some profit from your passion. If you like to learn more about how affiliate marketing works, check out my recommended training platform and I will personally guide you through the process.
You may also be interested in;