One of the common questions I get about starting an online business is finding something profitable to sell. While tech gadgets such as iPads or smart phones are great, there are also plenty of non-tech products that you can promote. To prove my point, here’s a list of top 5 products to sell online, their search popularity and some killer keywords to boost your website ranking. Let’s find out what they are.
5 Popular Products to Sell Online
#1 Cat Litter Box
Inspired From – Indiegogo
Thanks to the cute cat videos that are going viral on YouTube, we could tell that more people have come to like cats, but becoming a cat owner also means one thing – learning how to manage their unpleasant excretion. As more cats are kept indoors, using litter boxes is a must if you don’t want your house to smell funny.
So it’s good to know that cat owners are taking this matter seriously, as seen in the trend below.
When it comes to keywords, the most important criteria in using Jaaxy Keyword Tool is to find those with very low competitions (the smaller the QSR values, the better). Here are some of those keywords that are great to recommend cat litter boxes in your blog.
- why does cat pee smell (QSR = 17)
- what does normal cat poop look like (QSR = 1)
- best way to clean cat litter box (QSR = 5)
- why does my cat pee outside his litter box (QSR = 2)
- why does my cat urine smell like ammonia (QSR = 2)
- cat litter boxes for large cat (QSR = 0)
- litter box training for abandoned kittens (QSR = 0)
- how to litter box train your kitten (QSR = 12)
- how often should you change the litter in your cat box (QSR = 0)
- what is the best cat litter for multiple cats (QSR = 8)
#2 Compression Socks
Inspired from – TrendHunter
Unlike the ordinary socks, the compression stockings are actually made to prevent leg swelling, blood clots and help in recovery. They are ideal for people who spend all day working on their feet as well as rugged activities such as marathon and hiking.
If you have tried wearing one, you probably feel that your legs are less fatigue after an intense workout. These are probably some of the reasons why the product is gaining so much popularity for the past years.
So if you are in the health and fitness niche, you should leverage from these long tail keywords to attract readers to your blog.
- stylish compression socks for women (QSR= 9)
- why do varicose veins hurt (QSR= 25)
- what causes leg fatigue when running (QSR= 0)
- ways to increase leg circulation (QSR= 0)
- can compression socks be worn to bed (QSR= 0)
- how long can you keep compression socks on (QSR= 0)
- what causes leg weakness and fatigue (QSR= 1)
- best compression socks for pregnancy (QSR= 17)
- best compression socks for nurses (QSR= 27)
- sclerotherapy recovery and exercise (QSR= 0)
#3 Moss Terrarium
Inspired from – Canopy.co
When I was first introduced to this plant by a friend, I thought to myself, what could be so interesting about something that’s mossy and non-flowery. Surprisingly, it turns out to be quite a cute green creature that doesn’t require a lot of space and is superbly easy to maintain. This is the kind of plant for people who want to have a mini garden, but lack the outdoor space and time for gardening – someone like me.
Taking to Google Trend, it looks like I am not the only one who share this interest.
By using these low competition keywords, this product can be a great hit for gardening and landscaping blogs.
- what’s the difference between moss and mold (QSR = 0)
- how to grow moss on rocks (QSR = 23)
- how to buy peat moss (QSR = 3)
- benefits of moss balls in aquarium (QSR = 0)
- make a terrarium bottle (QSR = 6)
- diy moss wall art (QSR = 24)
- how does a closed terrarium work (QSR = 2)
- java moss growing tips and cultivation (QSR = 3)
- how to use sphagnum moss in a terrarium (QSR = 2)
- best soil for growing moss (QSR = 0)
#4 Sunscreen Foundation
Inspired from – Outblush
From depleting ozone layer to skin cancer, the importance of using sunscreen is undisputed. Many women are now paying more attention to good skin care products and cosmetics to maximize protection against the harsh UV rays.
As there are so many types of foundation in the market, it can be quite difficult to choose the right one. By using the following high converting keywords, you can come up with good product reviews to help your readers make better decisions.
- mac makeup foundation color chart (QSR = 21)
- how to pick your foundation color (QSR = 12)
- recommended spf for face (QSR = 4)
- how to apply sunscreen to the face (QSR = 26)
- diy sunscreen for face (QSR = 9)
- shiseido foundation reviews (QSR = 11)
- best spf 30 foundation (QSR = 0)
- nars powder foundation review (QSR = 11)
- mineral makeup with sunscreen (QSR = 20)
- revlon colorstay foundation new formula (QSR = 7)
#5 Portable Oven
Inspired from – Indiegogo
If you are someone who loves the great outdoors or simply like to host food gatherings, you would love to have one of these. Portable ovens have gone from counter top designs to something light that can fit into your car easily, like this latest invention called Roccbox. I am guessing that convenience, budget friendliness and easy maintenance are some of the reasons why this product is increasing in demand.
Have a good oven in mind? Use these 10 killer keywords to find your targeted audience.
- oven for travel trailer (QSR = 16)
- how to clean oven without chemicals (QSR = 11)
- what type of oven is best for baking (QSR = 13)
- why does brick oven pizza taste better (QSR = 0)
- portable oven for camping (QSR = 7)
- best rated portable pizza oven (QSR = 3)
- where to buy a pizza oven (QSR = 9)
- coleman portable camp oven reviews (QSR = 7)
- camp chef outdoor camp oven reviews (QSR = 13)
- how to make portable oven (QSR = 1)
Popular Trend + Targeted Keywords = Profits
All the trends that I’ve just showed you have one thing in common; they have an upward pattern which means people are actively searching for information related to these products online. This type of shopping behavior is usually active and growing in numbers and it would go on for a few more years before it reaches a plateau pattern, which is still equally as profitable.
At some point in their research, readers would want to use the products and if your articles (product reviews, how-to’s, etc.) can provide something valuable, people are more likely to buy from/through you instead of your competitors. That’s why targeting long-tail low-competition keywords are so important irrespective of what niche you are in.
I hope this top 5 products have inspired you to come up with interesting ideas to sell. If you like to search for other keywords related to your business niche, just type them away using the Jaaxy Keyword Tool to uncover more opportunities.
“Innovation is the only way to win.” – Steve Jobs
Do you have any thoughts or questions about finding products for your online business? Feel free to leave them in the comment area below and I’ll get back to you.
You might also want to read;