It Started with an Idea…
My experience with online marketing began in August 2013 when I was at a career crossroad. Long working hours finally hit me and made me realized the importance of time freedom in life; doing more of the things that I like. Someone pointed me to start an online business, but I had no idea how to do that.
So, I paid $600 for a ‘professional course’ and learnt a thing or two about web business. The whole concept was really exciting, but they didn’t really walk us through the entire process. In order to learn more, we were actually required to sign up for more courses which I thought was really expensive.
I didn’t want to give up so I continued to search the internet for a better alternative. One day, I read a blog that said “You can build a business with ZERO cost.” That really got me interested and my curiosity led me to one of the most robust online platform that I have ever seen.
Within a day, I was convinced that Wealthy Affiliate University is the right place for me to learn about starting my online business and if this is also what you are looking for, I encourage you to read on.
What Is Wealthy Affiliate?
Wealthy Affiliate University (WAU) is an entrepreneurship training platform that was established in 2005 by two innovative online marketers, Kyle and Carson. It is an open education project (OEP) that provides good quality marketing training, reliable web tools and a network of supportive community to help anyone to become an online entrepreneur.
What Does The Training Offer?
(1) Online Entrepreneurship Training
The training program is based on the affiliate marketing model which helps you to find a niche that you like, build an online presence with a website/blog and drive traffic with web content. The reason why this model is so effective is because you don’t need a lot of money to get started and you can branch out to other monetization streams too.
The first part of the training program is called the Online Entrepreneurship Certification (OEC). In this course, Kyle the creator, will walk you through a series of lessons comprised of text, video tutorials and tasks demonstrating the techniques of doing proper online marketing.
There are 5 levels to this course and I’ll briefly explain what they are all about.
Level 1 – Getting Started
- Find your passionate niche
- Set up a WordPress website
- Create content from keyword research
Level 2 – Building Web Traffic
- Create your own domain and brand
- Create a framework for your content
- Discover the potential of long-tail keywords
Level 3 – Making Money
- Understand how affiliate networks, affiliate programs and online advertising work.
- Discover affiliate products within your niche.
- Learn to write product reviews and proper placement of affiliate links
Level 4 – Mastering Social Engagement
- Set up your business social profile
- Get engaging comment for your content
- Learn how to share content socially
Level 5 – Maximizing Content Creation
- Improve content readability
- Learn to write effectively with intent
- Invite people to comment on your site
In fact, the same steps can be applied if you want to start an online business selling your own products. Once you know how to drive traffic to a site, there are actually many ways to monetize a website besides doing affiliate marketing.
Here’s a snapshot of what a ‘typical day’ at Wealthy Affiliate University look like;
(2) Live Webinar
The live webinar is a weekly video training conducted by Jay Neill, an experienced online marketer that also helps local businesses thrive. Every week, he’ll share various tips and tricks on how to grow a sustainable online business. The webinar usually runs for about an hour and finishes with a Q&A session towards the end. They are great to listen to when you are driving to work and in case you missed the live version, you can always check the archive for the re-plays.
> Sign Up Here To Watch ALL The Video Training <
(3) Web Development Tools
In addition to tutorials, Wealthy Affiliate offers two very powerful web development tools for business owners. The first is SiteRubix which builds and hosts WordPress websites and the second is Jaaxy which is a keyword research tool to help generate web content.
Integrating these tools into the training system offers a lot of convenience as well as showing users the proper way of implementing skills and techniques into their online business.
(4) Boot Camp Training
Now, if you can’t figure out what kind of niche to start with, you can always join the boot camp. Get involved in the ‘online business niche’ and show people how they can get started through the training program and tools offered by Wealthy Affiliate.
There are 7 levels for the boot camp program;
- Starting Your Foundation.
- Content, Keywords and Conversions.
- Giving Your Site Social Value
- Get Visual. Get Aesthetic. Get a Brand Through Media.
- Knowing Your Audiences and Catapulting Your Referrals.
- Bing, Yahoo and The Power of PPC.
- How to Scale Successful PPC Campaigns.
Besides, there’s one more reason why you should consider doing this training. WA pays their affiliates up to 48% in commission, which is almost as good as selling a big ticket item online!
How Much Does The Training Cost?
Wealthy Affiliate offers two types of memberships. With the free Starter account, you can build two free websites with Siterubix and get access to OEC Level 1 and Bootcamp Level 1. The good news is, you can remain as a Starter member for as long as you wish – no credit cards required.
For the premium membership plan, you can choose from two options – pay $49/month or $359/year (save $205). As a premium member, you’ll get full access to all the training programs, live chat and even the WA Keyword Tool which works just as good as Jaaxy.
What I Like about Wealthy Affiliate?
(1) As a long term user, I must say that the training program is evolving all the time. They would create new courses and extra features without charging the members additional price. There are NO UP SELLS so it’s reassuring for businesses with minimal budget.
(2) The second feature that I like is the COMMUNITY SUPPORT. Every time I ask a question in the forum, members would responded to me within minutes. Even Kyle, the owner, takes his time to help us out sometimes. It’s great to know that the founder is always within reach and cares for your learning.
(3) The other feature that really got me excited is the BLOG COMMENTING SYSTEM. I couldn’t tell you enough how many beginners fail to grow their online business because they lack readers engagement on their website. Of course, when you are just starting out, no one really knows about your site, not even the search engine sometimes. But that’s where the commenting system comes in. It helps to promote your site within the community so that you can get engagement – comments and social sharing – right after publishing your content. The sum of all these? More content = more traffic = more clicks.
To show you what I mean, back in October 2014, I was only getting a few clicks and impression on my site. Not that exciting right?
But after months of engagement, traffic to my site begun to surge. Just look at the spikes and numbers!
(4) Lastly, the ENGAGING LIVE VIDEOS has got to be one of my favorites. Watching the step-by-step truly helps me understand better on how to grow my business the right way. If you are a beginner, marketing knowledge can be challenging to digest by just reading so I find that this video training courses serve as a great tool to overcome the learning barrier that I have.
However, don’t just hear it from me. Have a look at what other members have to say about Wealthy Affiliate’s training program below.
So, Is Wealthy Affiliate Worthy of Your Time?
Many people jump into online marketing without knowing what’s what and they quit too soon before seeing any results. That’s why these training are so important because they really teach you the fundamentals of running an online business – not hypes that deliver empty promises.
I started with zero experience – didn’t know a thing about WordPress, keyword research, SEO – you know, all those geeky stuff. But the community didn’t let me quit. So I keep learning and you know what happened after 6 months of hard work? I made my first money online 🙂
I know, that’s not much. But you see, I was convinced then that if I can make $8 today, then I can surely make $80 the next week and $800 the month after. Can you see the potential online income that we are talking about here? I knew that this is the right platform for me to achieve my time freedom and as long as I don’t give up, more success will be coming my way.
Want to Learn How to Start an Your Own Online Business?
Then I highly encourage you to check out the training at Wealthy Affiliate. By signing up, you’ll get a SPECIAL BONUS – Premium membership access for 7 days – for FREE (no credit card required).
You can participate in the training, mingle with the community and even get personal help from me as you begin your entrepreneurial journey.
Does that sound like a deal? Awesome! Simply follow the link below to create your Starter account and I’ll see you in the training area soon.
“Success is not an event. Success is very cumulative in nature. This means that everything you do now and every step you take will contribute towards your personal success in the future.” – Kyle, Wealthy Affiliate.
Do you have any experience with WA? Are you interested to learn more about this awesome training program? Leave me a comment below and I am more than happy to help you out.